Browning X-Bolt Hunter .30-06 Spr. 22"
List Price: $899.00
You Save: $99.01
Factory Catalog Number: 035208226
Browning X-Bolt Hunter .30-06 Springfield
When the need calls for a hard-working, rugged and accurate high-powered rifle, the Browning X-Bolt Hunter is the only choice. Its low-luster finish on the solid steel receiver, barrel and walnut prevents glare and reflection. It has the complete X-Bolt package: crisp Feather Trigger with no take-up or creep, preferred by experienced hunters, a center-fed rotary magazine, X-Lock System and a soft Inflex recoil pad -- every feature combines to make this X-Bolt rifle ideal for hunter deer and elk to varmints.
- A satin gloss finish provides a protection and enhances the natural beauty of the hardwood.
- The high grade walnut stock with detailed checkering provides a classic good looks.
- Durable low-luster blued finish reduces reflective glare.
- Button-rifled barrel is triple checked for quality and individually hand chambered and air gauged to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- The target crown enables the uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the barrel, preventing a shift in trajectory. The crown is recessed to protect it from accidental damage that degrades accuracy.
- Free floated barrel eliminates contact interference from the forend, enabling the superior barrel craftsmanship to perform consistently and accurately.
- Drilled and tapped for X-Lock scope mounts that use four screws for each base to provide a rock solid optic platform.
- Adjustable Feather Trigger minimizes the "human factory" by eliminating creep and take-up -- providing a crisp trigger pull that "breaks like glass."
- Low profile action allows you to mount the scope extremely close to the center of the bore to minimize the offset between point of aim and point of impact.
- 60 degree bolt lift keeps the thumb and fingers clear of the scope when cycling the action and allows the bolt to be operated in a smoother/quicker motion.
- Top-tang safety offers easy accessibility without removing your firing hand from the stock. The shooter can quickly manipulate the safety, or verify the position of the safety, without losing your sight picture or cheek weld.
- Detachable rotary magazine is built from tough polymer and is designed to stop forward movement of the cartridge by contacting the shoulder of the case rather than the tip of the projectile. This prevents bullet tip deformation and recoil induced bullet seating depth change.
- Bolt unlock button allows the bolt to be cycled with the safety engaged.
- Innovative Inflex Technology recoil pad uses directional deflection to pull the stock down and away from the face to reduce perceived recoil.
The new benchmark in bolt-action design.
The bolt-action rifle was forever changed with the introduction of the Browning X-Bolt. The X-Bolt builds on the proven successes of past Browning rifles, and adds numerous improvements that place the X-Bolt at the top of any side by side comparison. Most notable is an adjustable three-lever Feather Trigger system that offers the best feel on any Browning rifle ever.
A bolt unlock button works with the top-tang safety to offer enhanced safety while unloading. Styling features offer more compact dimensions for a smaller, quicker, sleeker look and feel, and also trims weight. To ensure the stability of optics, scope bases are attached to the receiver using four screws per base. Innovation is the Browning tradition, and the X-Bolt is just the latest example.
X-Bolt Feather Trigger
For precise shooting in the field or off the bench, there's absolutely no substitute for a good, predictable trigger. The X-Bolt's new three-lever Feather Trigger provides a clean, crisp pull with no take-up or creep and minimal overtravel. The trigger is screw adjustable from 3 to 5 pounds and factory pre-set at approximately 3.5 pounds. An alloy trigger housing contains the hard chromed steel components that are highly polished on all critical contact surfaces. precise engagement angles mean the X-Bolt Feather Trigger feels light and right and stays that way through many thousands of rounds. Unlike competitors triggers with secondary fingerpiece, the Feather Trigger is designed right, from the very start.
X-Lock Scope Mounting System
Securely mounted optics are essential for accuracy and precision on any rifle. To ensure the new X-Bolt has the most stable scope mounting system possible, the XLock mounts feature an all new four screw per base design that replaces the traditional two screw system. The benefits are obvious, with the bases being secured at all four corners, rather than only attached at the center of the base for more accurate placement on the receiver.
Bolt Unlock Button
The bolt unlock button works in conjunction with the top-tang safety to provide an added measure of safety during checking and unloading of the chamber. Conveniently located on top of the bolt lever, the bolt unlock button allows the bolt to be unlocked and opened with the safety in the on safe position. The safety blocks the trigger sear and features a firing pin block for added safety.
60 Degree Bolt Lift
Short 60 degree bolt lift is fast cycling and allows you to work the bolt quickly without the scope getting in the way. The all new bolt is machined from a block of solid steel bar stock for strength and custom rifle precision. Three locking lugs provide exceptional bolt strength.
Inflex Technology Recoil Pad
Inflex Technology recoil pad is standard on every X-Bolt rifle. This ultra soft pad offers the best recoil absorption available on any rifle. The proprietary construction and material promote a directional deflection of recoil forces, pulling the stock comb away from your face to reduce felt recoil and muzzle climb.
An all new detachable rotary magazine is incorporated into the X-Bolt. Constructed from a durable lightweight polymer, the magazine is designed to feed cartridges directly in-line with the bolt, instead of offset as with traditional leaf-spring magazines, for a straight shot right into the chamber. An ergonomic magazine-mounted release lets the magazine rotate directly downward and into your hand. The magazine sits flush with the bottom of the rifle for a sleeker appearance. Additional magazines can be kept loaded and carried in your pocket or pack for easy access.
Accuracy and Barrel
A free-floating barrel is essential for utmost accuracy. The X-Bolt is free-floated by bedding the front and rear of the action for stability and to help maintain barrel to stock spacing for consistent accuracy. A recessed muzzle crown helps protect the rifling from damage. Barrels are triple checked for interior finish, straightness and air-gauge for uniformity.
Factory Catalog Number: 035208226
Model: X-Bolt Hunter
Caliber: .30-06 Springfield
Action Length: LA
Magazine Capacity: 4
Barrel Length: 22"
Nominal Overall Length: 42-3/4"
Nominal Length of Pull: 13-5/8"
Nominal Drop at Comb: 11/16"
Nominal Drop at Heel: 1/2"
Nominal Weight: 6 pounds, 12 ounces
Rate of Twist: 1 in 10"
Barrel Finish: Matte Blue
Stock Finish: Satin
Wood Grade: Grade I
Receiver Finish: Matte Blue
Chamber Finish: Polished
Barrel Material: Steel
Barrel Contour: Sporter
Stock Material: Walnut
Recoil Pad: Inflex 1, Small
Checkering: Cut 18 LPI
Sling Swivel Studs: Matte Blue
Receiver Material: Steel
Trigger Material: Alloy
Trigger Finish: Gold Plated
Trigger Guard Material: Alloy
Trigger Guard Engraving: Buck Mark in Gold
Floor Plate Material: Composite
Drilled and Tapped for Scope: Yes
*Scope not included.
** If you wish to purchase any of the listed firearms, please contact us by phone at 207-989-6001 or by e-mail: Info@VanRaymondOutfitters.com. You must goes through the purchase form online, but the gun will not be shipped until either you contact us or we receive the order and we will contact you during normal business hours. Firearms sales cannot be done directly over the internet.